IAF – INSTITUTE OF APPLIED RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND FURTHER EDUCATION
As an academic institution, the IAF has been coordinating and pooling all the research and development activities of the Catholic University Freiburg since 1996.
The results of this research immediately benefit the standard of teaching available and reinforce theory-to-practice transfer by providing examples of developments and model concepts for professional interventions when dealing with new social problems and challenges in society.
The IAF focuses on organisational consultancy for institutions involved in social work and health care during the development and restructuring phases.
In the area of further education, the IAF offers advanced training and seminars for social work and health care institutions, for organisations and charities, as well as for companies and private individuals.
Further education – learning throughout life
Life long learning is one of the biggest political and societal challenges in Germany today. Education is an essential resource allowing individuals to develop their employability and insure advancement opportunities. Knowledge and the ability to use that acquired knowledge must constantly be adapted and expanded through life long learning.
The Freiburg IAF at the Catholic University of Applied Sciences has therefore developed a programme of further education that
- offers affordable alternatives tailored to individual needs
- works in harmony with the life and learning situation of specialists in the field and takes professional experience into consideration
- supports the exchange between research, science and practice
- encourages the application of scientific findings to practical situations and the development of applicable solutions
Relevant professional knowledge can be updated and expanded in workshops, seminars and training series. In doing so practicing professionals concretely widen their competence. Many of the programs have been offered several times. Our offerings range from social work topics to inclusive education, nursing to management questions in the non-profit sector. In addition to this we offer regular advanced training for specialists and managers in charitable social facilities, focusing on such topics as marketing and public works, time management, team development and stress management.
Counselling – professionally guiding processes of change
Rapid social shifts have led to a significant need for development within social facilities. These facilities suffer consequently from pressure to change. the necessity to act quickly and professionally places high demands on management involved. We support you in this undertaking by offering counselling for management consultancy.
Possible motives might be:
- You plan to restructure your entire organization or a specific department in order to increase efficiency within and client proximity of your social services.
- You are interested in evaluating the quality and economic feasibility of your work and in maintaining it at a high level.
- You are looking for new goals and strategies with which all members of your organisation can identify.
- You would like to rethink and restructure functions and processes.
- You would like to offer management the opportunity to develop their skills and thereby be more qualified for new responsibilities.
- You strive to encourage the cooperation between individual teams.
- You are interested in constructively dealing with conflicts between individual areas and in finding solutions to such conflicts.
We are convinced that within the processes of change and development, goals must be defined, adequate solutions found. Nevertheless and of equal importance are the means and ways used and explored in the process. Therefore we attribute high importance to client opinion and encourage the most unified plan of action possible.
- We include those managers and staff members directly affected by changes from the very beginning.
- We collect many different opinions in order to understand the complicated situations.
- We use the existing potential for further development and problem solving within your organization such that the facility is yet better prepared to meet future responsibilities.
- We work as a team with different qualifications under the principle of systemic management consultancy.